Getting a card in the mail can make someone’s day. Tucked in with all the bills, advertising fliers and worthy causes all asking for your money, a card stands out as a welcome reminder that someone cares. Whether you like to send custom greeting cards or need help finding the right words, there are many options for sending a reminder to a loved one that they are in your thoughts. Here are the top five occasions for sending greeting cards.
Steeped in tradition, sending a Christmas card is an annual ritual that many people around the world enjoy. It’s as much fun to give as it is to receive at this time of year, and that goes double for cards. Along with remembering friends, family and colleagues, don’t forget those who serve you throughout the year, including mail carriers, garbage collectors and more. Custom Christmas cards are a wonderful tradition for many families who include photos to mark the changes the past year has brought.
2. Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a special time of year for those who share a relationship. Many people still remember their early school days, when everyone in class exchanged cards, as well as their first real Valentine. Today, the day has grown beyond simply recognizing significant others, and many people send cards to grandparents, nieces, nephews and others.
3. Mother’s Day
Even small children recognize the importance of their mother in their lives, and thanking her for all you put her through is something that never grows old. This is the day to remember all the kind and encouraging words she’s spoken, all the special dinners she made, colds she nursed you through and more. She loves and saves the custom greeting cards you send, just as she loves and saves those macaroni necklaces you used to make for her.
4. Father’s Day
Make up for all of those ugly ties, ashtrays and singing fish you’ve given in the past with a heartfelt Father’s Day card for the one who coached your Little League team, laughed at your silly jokes and clapped the loudest and longest at your recitals. It can be hard to talk to some fathers, so let your card speak for you. He can see beyond the funny holiday cards and recognize the effort, as well as the sentiment, that you put into choosing and sending it.
This springtime holiday is a natural fit for cards, whether they are sent with blessings, bunny rabbits or both. A notable religious occasion, Easter is also a fun event for parents and children, who love to color and hunt eggs and bite the ears off chocolate rabbits. All ages love receiving Easter cards, as well as treat-filled baskets, to commemorate this special day.
Shop for Your Favorites
You can find cards for all of these special occasions, and many more that didn’t make the top five list, at Cards for Causes. We make it easy to send custom greeting cards with your personalized message or offer you the option to choose one of our previously written sentiments. Shop for your favorites here, where we send 20% of every purchase to the charity of your choice.
The Best Holiday Cards
At Card for Causes, we have cards for every occasion. During the holiday season, you want to spread some cheer with the people you love. The following 10 custom holiday cards are perfect for showing friends, family and others that you care about them:
- Red Flourish Accent - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This holiday-themed card has a large, custom photo in the center. The border is mostly red with an attractive floral accent. The card is designed to be in landscape orientation.
- Blue Snowflakes - Matte Finish Christmas Photo Card: This light-blue card features a snowflake pattern on the border. The space in the center can fit a matte-finish, custom photo. It is intended for landscape images.
- A Borderless Horizontal - Matte Finish Photo Christmas Card: If you want a card that is all-custom, this is a great choice. It has no border, so your custom photo will be the only design on the front. It uses landscape photos.
- A Borderless Vertical - Matte Finish Photo Christmas Card: Alternatively, you may want to have a portrait-orientation card. This is exactly like the horizontal, borderless card only vertical.
- Blue Border Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: For a simple but bold border around your photo, consider this custom card. It features a blue border with a white line accent. Plus, it says “Happy Holidays” at the bottom of the card.
- Classic Photo Horizontal - Matte Christmas Card: For a simple, classic look, try this card. It has a red outer border with a white and gold inner border, simulating the appearance of a photo frame.
- Gift Wrap Photos - Matte Finish Christmas Card: The holiday season is a time for giving gifts. So, try this card with a gift-wrapping design. It features spaces for three custom photos separated by a ribbon design. Plus, there is a “gift tag” with space for your custom message.
- Merry Christmas Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This is another great but simple design. It can fit a horizontal custom photo surrounded by a black and red border. At the bottom of the card are the words “Merry Christmas” in white with red accents.
- Happy Holidays Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This is a fun and lively card for the holidays. It has space for two custom photos. The top and bottom feature a green gift wrap design.
- Three Photos - Matte Finish Christmas Card: For a portrait-oriented, multi-photo design, this is a good option. There is space for a large photo at the top and two smaller photos below. Between the two levels is a greeting with a red and white snowflake pattern.