Despite what you may think, not all greeting cards are created equal! Greeting card sizes can vary significantly depending on where you're purchasing them and what you're using them for. At Cards For Causes, it's our top priority to make sure your greeting cards look exactly how you want them to. Take a look at our guide to greeting card sizes and order cards with confidence!
Standard Greeting Card Sizes
- A7 card - Dimensions: 5" x 7" - The Golden Ratio - matches an A7 envelope
- A6 card - Dimensions: 4.5" x 5.75" - matches an A6 envelope
- A9 card - Dimensions: 5.5" x 8.5" - Called Half Folds - matches an A9 envelope
- A1 card - Dimensions: 3.5" x 5" - Mostly used for Thank You cards - matches an A1 envelope
The Best Holiday Cards
At Card for Causes, we have cards for every occasion. During the holiday season, you want to spread some cheer with the people you love. The following 10 custom holiday cards are perfect for showing friends, family and others that you care about them:
- Red Flourish Accent - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This holiday-themed card has a large, custom photo in the center. The border is mostly red with an attractive floral accent. The card is designed to be in landscape orientation.
- Blue Snowflakes - Matte Finish Christmas Photo Card: This light-blue card features a snowflake pattern on the border. The space in the center can fit a matte-finish, custom photo. It is intended for landscape images.
- A Borderless Horizontal - Matte Finish Photo Christmas Card: If you want a card that is all-custom, this is a great choice. It has no border, so your custom photo will be the only design on the front. It uses landscape photos.
- A Borderless Vertical - Matte Finish Photo Christmas Card: Alternatively, you may want to have a portrait-orientation card. This is exactly like the horizontal, borderless card only vertical.
- Blue Border Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: For a simple but bold border around your photo, consider this custom card. It features a blue border with a white line accent. Plus, it says “Happy Holidays” at the bottom of the card.
- Classic Photo Horizontal - Matte Christmas Card: For a simple, classic look, try this card. It has a red outer border with a white and gold inner border, simulating the appearance of a photo frame.
- Gift Wrap Photos - Matte Finish Christmas Card: The holiday season is a time for giving gifts. So, try this card with a gift-wrapping design. It features spaces for three custom photos separated by a ribbon design. Plus, there is a “gift tag” with space for your custom message.
- Merry Christmas Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This is another great but simple design. It can fit a horizontal custom photo surrounded by a black and red border. At the bottom of the card are the words “Merry Christmas” in white with red accents.
- Happy Holidays Photo - Matte Finish Christmas Card: This is a fun and lively card for the holidays. It has space for two custom photos. The top and bottom feature a green gift wrap design.
- Three Photos - Matte Finish Christmas Card: For a portrait-oriented, multi-photo design, this is a good option. There is space for a large photo at the top and two smaller photos below. Between the two levels is a greeting with a red and white snowflake pattern.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy greeting cards online?
Yes, particularly if you’re buying bulk cards, and you can even order personalized cards in bulk too!
Where can I order Christmas cards online?
Cards for Causes has a wide variety of holiday cards for you to choose from. And don’t forget, 20% of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice!
What do you write in a short and sweet Christmas card?
"Happy Holidays!” or “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!” Keep it festive and joyous!
How do you address inside a greeting card?
If you’re close use their first name, nicknames, whatever you call the recipient in life. More formal cards should use “Mr” or “Ms” or professional titles such as “Dr”.
How do you sign off a card?
How close are you? Is “Love” too much? Maybe “Your Friend” or “Yours”? “Blessings”, “Peace, Love, Joy” can say it all. Or give one final “Merry Christmas!”
How much does a greeting card weigh?
Generally 1 oz., though because of their size many cards will fall under the 2 oz. postal rate.